The newly-formed Canadian Warbird Operator Conference (CWOC), a not-for-profit organization based in Ontario, aims to fill a void in Canada by organizing a conference in Ottawa from October 18 to 20 that brings together Canadian operators of ex-military and other historical aircraft and representatives from Transport Canada – Civil Aviation, Nav Canada and other industry partners.
Co-sponsored by COPA, the conference will explore a number of topics including:
- TC Exemption NCR-021-2016 (the ‘Warbird Exemption’)
- Maintenance and the Special Certificate of Airworthiness
- Nav Canada fees at airshows
- The future of FAST in Canada
- Warbird and airshow insurance in Canada
- Recurrent training
Other topics may be added. For more details of this conference organized by Canadians for Canadians, check out canwoc.wordpress.com.